Sat, Oct 31|
Join us on Halloween for a free trick-or-treat at Hoquiam businesses, spooktacular events hosted by local businesses, and a Halloween movie at the historic 7th St Theatre! When attending Haunted Hoquiam, please follow the State’s guidelines for social distancing and personal protective equipment.
Time & Location
Oct 31, 2020, 1:00 PM
Hoquiam, Hoquiam, WA, USA
About the Event
Join us on Halloween for a free trick-or-treat at Hoquiam businesses from 1:00-3:00 pm, spooktacular events hosted by local businesses, and a Halloween movie at the historic 7th St Theatre!
- YMCA of Grays Harbor: 2500 Simpson Ave
- Polson Museum: 1611 Riverside Ave
- Sadistik Sykles: 525 Simpson Ave
- Roses Taqueria: 409 7thSt
- Art HQx: 413 7thSt
- VFW: 407 7th St
- The Place to Be: 710 J St
- Terrestrial Mapping: 709 J St
- 8th Street Auction House: 505 8th St
- Tropical Tanning Salon & Boutique: 506 8th St
- Village Concepts of Hoquiam – Channel Point (drive-thru): 907 K St
- Gordon’s Service: 706 K St
- Lions Guard Gaming: 414 7thSt
- Grays Harbor Dance: 317 7thSt
- Kandle and Kauldron
- 7th Street Theatre: 313 7th St
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
The Hoquiam Business Association is here to help you celebrate Halloween! This year, the HBA will be using our resources to help promote your Halloween promotions or events, and to assist the businesses who choose to be open to trick-or-treaters.
The HBA is offering the following guidelines to help protect our community during Halloween:
Guidelines for Businesses:
- Please wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment: All volunteers involved with trick-or-treating must wear a face covering that fits snugly over the nose and mouth. All volunteers must also wear gloves. A costume is not an appropriate substitute for PPE.
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters and wash your hands often.
- Outdoor activities are safer than indoor activities: If possible, please give out treats outside. Please do your best to prevent trick-or-treaters from congregating inside of or in front of your establishment.
- Avoid communal bowls and provide “Grab & Go” options if possible: Please do not allow trick-or-treaters to reach into a communal bowl for a treat. The HBA recommends that businesses open to trick-or-treaters set up “grab and go” candy on a table outside of their establishment. Individually wrapped, to-go bags of candy that kids can grab are the safest option.
- Encourage social distancing: Please do your part to encourage social distancing. The HBA recommends placing decorations or signage every 6 feet, to signal a line and to keep trick-or-treaters distanced.
- Please stay home if you are sick, or if you were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Guidelines for Trick-Or-Treaters:
- Please wear a mask; a costume mask is not a substitute for Personal Protective Equipment: All trick-or-treaters over the age of 2 must wear a mask that fits snugly over the nose and mouth.
- Please wash your hands before and after trick-or-treating. The HBA also recommends packing plenty of hand sanitizer.
- Stick with members of your household and maintain a safe distance from others: Please avoid close contact with people outside of your household and remain 6 feet away from others at all times.
- Be mindful of social distancing practices: Please do not congregate in front of or inside of businesses to allow trick-or-treaters and customers to pass through while remaining 6 feet apart.
Should you choose to host trick-or-treaters at your business, please review the Washington State Department of Health’s Halloween Tips and the Center of Disease Control’s Trick-or-Treating best practices. Please contact the HBA at email@example.com if we can be of assistance to you.